Thursday, November 11, 2010

#105

Was about to post to make excuses about why I haven't had any new birds in a month, but I was just going through the pics on my card and remembered that I saw these guys last week, but didn't take the time to look them up. My mom visited last weekend, and any poor person that visits me gets dragged out birding, like it or not. Anyways, I've been wanting to scout out the river because I've been seeing lots of birds on the bus in/home from work between Lincoln Fields and Dominion stations, but you have to set some time aside to do it since it's a long walk between the two, and there aren't many places to park if you drive.

#105: Common Goldeneye; Ottawa River; November 6, 2010
Today I tried the Hilda Road feeders--very active but nothing unexpected.

I'll make sure I get out and try to see some stuff this weekend. If nothing new, hopefully I'll at least have something to post! Hoping for a sandhill crane or a cattle egret or something?

No comments: