Thursday, April 8, 2010

a few more from the weekend (33-34)

Here are the last few birds I will be posting from the weekend. I caught more, but since seeing the results of my new zoom, I'm starting to get picky with my pictures and am only posting the better ones. So a few other birds spotted this weekend included a Belted Kingfisher and many ducks (common and red-breasted mergansers, plenty of buffleheads). I will wait to dedicate an entire entry to ducks as I try to spot more types over the coming weeks. For now:

#33: Eastern Phoebe; April 5, 2010; near Godfrey, ON
They were making a really cool sound (that I haven't been able to find on the Internet) that's hard to describe, and they dip their tails all the time. This is a totally new bird to me!
#34: Ruffed Grouse; April 2, 2010; On the back roads between Westport and Godfrey?
Saw another one of these on the way home contentedly eating berries while sitting in a tree. That was the first time I had seen one not just walking across the road!

No comments: