Monday, April 5, 2010

Extra long weekend birding! (IDs 23-25)

While most people were out hunting for eggs this weekend, I was out hunting for birds. This is going to be the first of a series of the birds I saw this weekend since I saw so many....SWEET!
These ones I saw on the road on the way to Kingston for Easter.

I finally got a picture of a silly starling who was inside a traffic light pole (this one's for you Ron!) For those of you new birders, starlings actually have very pretty iridescent patterns.
ID#23: European Starling; April 2, 2010; Katimavik Road, Kanata
On the way to Kingston, there were 2 swans that seem to have decided to nest in someone's backyard pond. How crazy would that be if a pair of swans showed up in your yard and decided to move in?
ID#24: Mute Swan; April 2, 2010; between Westport and Godfrey
I can't tell you how excited I was to see one of these little guys. When he flew off I couldn't believe how bright blue he was!
ID#25: Eastern Bluebird; April 5, 2010; near Westport
That's it for now since I have to get to bed, but that brings me to 1/4 of the way there. Back soon with more....I promise!

1 comment:

Funkysandman said...

Awesome shot of the bluebird!