Sunday, June 27, 2010

new bird...la la la la la! 2 for 1 special: Great Crested Flycatchers (#72)

#72: Great Crested Flycatcher; Mud Lake; June 27, 2010
I had seen a Great Crested Flycatcher at Mud Lake before but the picture was truly terrible. I'm so glad I FINALLY saw another...actually saw two! I couldn't manage to get both of them in one frame despite them being so close together since there were a bunch of trees in the way. It was quite strange: They did not fly off or make any noises, just patiently posed for about 5 minutes while I stood there!



Also of note today, a couple of Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers were were making quite a ruckus in the park, but posed nicely together for me.


And a juvenile American Robin, with a very spotty breast!

1 comment:

Funkysandman said...

you got pretty close to those flycatchers..they must be used to you as regular visitor...nice shot of the sapsuckers!