Saturday, May 1, 2010

and another sparrow (#39)

another sparrow to add to the list....
You might say, "Hey Jenna, this guy looks a lot like the last guy, with the yellow eyebrows." Well, you would be right. Sparrows are a pain in the butt to distinguish. But anyways, you will see that they do look different.

#39: Savannah Sparrow; May 1, 2010; Corkstown Road (near Moodie)
Also saw the largest turtle I think I have ever seen in my life at Mud Lake....its shell was easily 12-14 inches long.
I got thoroughly soaked on my bike on the way home. But I was +1 for birds for the day so that's ok.
Yippee.

2 comments:

Funkysandman said...

get a load of the orange legs..reminds me of Big Bird.

ps
pics of the turtle or it didn't happen

Ruhh said...

wow, you're at 39!
I'm not even sure if I've got a positive ID for a Savannah Sparrow. I'll have to check my books.